What is a Repeat Prescription?
Repeat prescriptions are medications which appear on the reverse of your prescription which your doctor would like you to continue on a regular basis.
How to request a Repeat Prescription?
Repeat prescriptions may be ordered in several ways:
- Using our Online Repeat Prescription Service;
- You may hand in your computer slip or a note with your name, address, DOB and the medication required written clearly;
- Set up a direct Repeat Prescription Order through your local Pharmacist;
- By post (please enclose a stamped addressed envelope)
All other practices in the city request 48 hrs notice, but we usually need just 24 hrs notice. However, please do not abuse our system by expecting us to do prescriptions faster than this, unless the need is genuinely urgent.
- Requests for repeat prescriptions must be made in writing to avoid mistakes.
- We will not accept telephone requests.
- You can make an arrangement to have your prescriptions picked up and delivered by a local pharmacy. Please note this is your responsibility to organise, not the responsibility of the surgery.
- The contraceptive pill can only be prescribed by making an appointment to see the doctor or nurse, but emergency contraception may be prescribed over the phone if appropriate.
- With some minor conditions, such as conjunctivitis, cystitis, hay-fever, you may be able to save a doctor’s appointment, by seeing a local pharmacist. Or you can have a word with the receptionist, and we may be able to leave a prescription out for you.